27TH MAY, 2022
Chair’s opening remarks
Opening double fireside: What do funders and trusts really want from you?
How the pandemic has put pressure on funders and how the sector...
- How the pandemic has put pressure on funders and how the sector is coping
- How can both funders and charities facilitate better conversation to ensure the right organisations get the funding they need?
- The importance of transparency: how outlining funding criteria at the beginning helps everyone manage their time and expectations
Yvonne Field, Founder and CEO, The Ubele Initiative
Carol Mack, CEO, Association of Charitable Foundations
How you can harness your relationship with trusts & foundations to enact systemic change
The value in open and honest communications, for both you and the...
- The value in open and honest communications, for both you and the sector
- Turning the mirror around: why you can, and should, be asking your foundations what they are doing to change the nature of grant-giving focus areas
- The benefit in encouraging funders to ask their recipient charities what they can do to improve the trusts & grants system
Dami Solebo, Business Director, Finding Rhythms
Case study presentation: Building a bid with XLP – why flexibility and agility are key
The importance of a can-do attitude: how being flexible in times of...
- The importance of a can-do attitude: how being flexible in times of hardship will enable you to find unexpected solutions
- Remembering your ‘why’: focusing on the core purpose of your charity to ensure you’re making the right decisions
- Why you shouldn’t be afraid to try something different if the old method isn’t working
Tim Sledge, Director of Fundraising, XLP
Ian Hiley, Director of Youth Work, XLP
Digital transformation to drive long term supporter engagement
How to transform your strategy both short and long-term, with digital at...
- How to transform your strategy both short and long-term, with digital at the heart
- How to build a solid roadmap against your audience strategy, to drive your fundraising
- Where might you start with test and learn steps, and what are the overall takeouts from CRUK on our journey here
Nicola Smedley, Director of Marketing and Supporter Engagement, Cancer Research UK
Building organic funding through corporate partnerships
Where to start with building corporate partnerships: reaching out, common ground, drawing...
- Where to start with building corporate partnerships: reaching out, common ground, drawing up a partnership agreement
- Examining the different ways your partners can help you: sharing your socials, utilising their customer base, selling products, hosting events
- Recognising what you are able to offer partners without compromising your core cause
Data strategy for individual giving
An introduction to the fundamentals of data strategy for individual givingThe importance...
- An introduction to the fundamentals of data strategy for individual giving
- The importance of fundraising analysis with a spotlight on how it enabled Sightsavers to move forward in their data selections, in better targeting and in supporter journeys
- How to make testing strategies work for you exploring with Sightsavers the pitfalls, the benefits for product development, why it’s important to have a testing plan and strategy and how to roll-out successful initiatives
Helen Halahan, Head of Marketing, Woods Valldata
Ella Pearce, Director of Fundraising and Marketing, Sightsavers
Double fireside chat: Keeping the donor in the conversation: how helping them achieve their goals helps you
Understanding why people donate and fundraise for your charity How you can help...
- Understanding why people donate and fundraise for your charity
- How you can help them in return: why understanding your donors motivations and assisting them with their goals encourages them to return to fundraise for you
- The value in viewing all fundraising as a relationship, and why you need to keep your donors at the heart of what you do
Angie Turner, Head of Philanthropy, The Children’s Trust
Annie Perez, Retention Specialist, ActionAid and CIOF Supporter Experience Committee Member
Case study presentation: How Muslim Aid are doing it right fundraising on a finite budget
Honing your strategy: how being clear about your objectives from the start...
- Honing your strategy: how being clear about your objectives from the start allows you to be ambitious within your bounds
- Utilise your community: why you should never overlook the value of those around you, and ways they can support you in times of need
- Being specific with your spend: how having a tight, targeted and tailored plan ensures maximum return on investment
Muhammed Kalam Abul, Head of Income Generation and Marketing, Muslim Aid
Case study presentation: How to run an effective, engaging virtual event
The nuts and bolts and behind-the-scenes secrets to building and running a...
- The nuts and bolts and behind-the-scenes secrets to building and running a successful virtual event
- How to engage participants in different w
- How working with partners will enhance your virtual event
Alex Bach, Mass Participation Manager, Diabetes UK
Panel discussion: Looking forward: How can the sector stand together in 2022?
Uniting with other charities to make more noise with government: where could...
- Uniting with other charities to make more noise with government: where could the sector go if we united?
- How can you work together to address the lack of diversity in funding and demand a more transparent and accessible funding model for all charities
- Finding the balance between competition and collaboration: aligning skills and fundraising efforts to create more impact and access more funding
Julia Lynch, Founder, Global Girl Project
Edward Romain, Head of Philanthropy and Engagement, Terrance Higgins Trust
Roya Armstrong, Fundraising Manager, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals Charity
Craig Jones, Chief Executive, The Royal Osteoporosis Society
Chair’s closing comments
End of conference